After a long corporate career, Erica started her own business in June of 2015. She spent the last eight years working for a FORTUNE 150 global brand honing her brand and marketing expertise. It's her mission to bring a level of talent usually reserved for the biggest brands to new clients and grow their businesses.
Erica also continues to write and publish short fiction and creative nonfiction. She recently finished her second novel.
USAA, August 2007 - June 2015
Over the eight years she was fortunate enough to work for USAA, Erica held several positions in the marketing and corporate communications departments. Some of the important initiatives she led:
Managing editor of the 2014 USAA Report to Members
- Erica led the team that developed the theme and creative content.
- She was the first ME to strategically use member-generated content (stories and photos) in the report.
- Erica was responsible for briefing C-level executives and the board of directors on strategy and progress throughout the year.
Brand Strategy and Development
- Erica was on the small team responsible for rebranding USAA.
- She led the agency relationship and managed their work through strategic development, consumer research and creative execution.
- Erica gleaned insights from the USAA membership and developed a corporate tone of voice and messaging strategy. She wrote the guidelines and led a massive training effort to educate internal writers and creative agencies on the new tone of voice and messaging strategy.
Corporate Partnerships and Sports Sponsorship
- Erica managed several sponsorship relationships for USAA including: The San Diego Padres, San Antonio Spurs, Military Academy Football, Texas Open golf, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
- She led contract discussions, creative development, onsite event activation, agency management, and property management.
Prior to USAA, Erica held several positions in advertising, marketing and publishing. She was also a freelance writer from 1999 to 2004.